Official Launch June 2023
StrataVu – New Standard for Simplified Programming
StrataVu is a revolutionary software solution that seamlessly integrates IT & OT, enabling users to easily manage and automate their industrial control systems with a focus on efficiency and cost-savings. Developed for the groov EPIC System, the world’s first Edge Programmable Industrial Controller, StrataVu is our proprietary application that empowers program engineers and non-traditional programmers, such as Automation Technicians, to create solutions.
StrataVu seamlessly integrates a modular programming method, leveraging the groov EPIC’s memory, control capability, and extensive IO selection. This unique collection of functions and modules can be tailored to meet your specifi c application needs.
- Cause & Effect setup application, a cost-effective methods for well site automation with a diagram-based technique that reveals all possible outcomes of a configuration
- PostgreSQL database ensures no specific software, programming, or protocols are needed to harvest data
- Flexible and Compatible, StrataVu provides a widely applicable control for liquid and gas businesses without requiring costly modifications or standardizations
- Guaranteed-for-life discrete and analog I/O modules with up to 24 channels per module
- Includes two standard pre-configured system modules: WellMgr and TankMgr
- Optional modules – TestMgr and TicketMgr
- Integrated high-resolution color touchscreen with HDMI output for optional external monitor
- Well optimization modes: manual, plunger, intermittent for maximum well production at each level of operation
- Contains Plunger Lift coordination function records detailed plunger arrival records (last five runs locally) and complete past plunger arrival records by the SCADA host
- Edge to Cloud capabilities enables for critical responses, processing, & analysis from a mobile device significantly reducing latencies
- UL Hazardous approved and ATEX compliant allowing operation through a wide range of temperatures (-20 to 70 °C)
StrataVu Wellsite Control Panel
Well Manager (WellMgr) is one of two standard modules included with StrataVu that supports well management. The powerful computer allow operators to easily configure custom applications to meet the demands of any well pad.
Tank Manager (TankMgr) is one of two standard modules included with the StrataVu software that support tank management automation. Together with the Cause and Effect configuration utility, this module allows operators to easily configure custom applications to meet the demands of any well pad. As a result, this utility is among the industry’s most cost-effective methods for well site automation.
The well optimization modes (manual, plunger, intermittent) offer an adaptable single configuration for operating wells in all modes allows operators to maximize production at all stages of the well life cycle. This helps extract the maximum returns from Shale wells at a faster rate. The detailed plunger arrival records and complete past plunger arrival records allows the operator to see potential trends in production and adjusts the controls accordingly.
How does it Work?
Developed for the groov EPIC System, the world’s first Edge Programmable Industrial Controller, StrataVu is our proprietary application that empowers non-programming users, including Automation Technicians, to create solutions effortlessly.
StrataVu seamlessly integrates with our modular programming method, leveraging the groov EPIC’s memory, control capability, and extensive IO selection. You can choose between Modbus and ASCII for serial or Ethernet communications. What sets StrataVu apart is its unique collection of functions and modules that can be tailored to meet specific application needs.
StrataVu’s high flexibility and capabilities make it a go-to solution for industrial automation, process control, remote monitoring, and data acquisition applications. With StrataVu, customers can easily create robust and standardized solutions while reducing the need for specialized programming knowledge.
Opto 22 is a renowned their quality and reliability as all of their products are manufactured and tested in Temecula, California. With this kind of reliability, their I/O modules are guarantied for life. To learn more about how their IoT platforms bridge the gap between IT and OT, visit: opto22.com.
Flexible & Compatible
Local Data Historian
- Local SQL database ensure historical data is stored and is available as a redundant backup if off-site SCADA communication is lost
- Data Historian (30 seconds, 1/3/15 minutes, 1-hour, and daily records for all data points)
- Logs all changes to C&E (Cause & Effect) Matrix
- Digitally records liquids custody transfer details (load type, driver details, and transfer data) to access anytime via a simple SQL query
- Local or remote access to Data Historian and configuration programming through browser-based utility
- Existing SCADA and/or business systems can query the SQL database or pull records with the system’s interface
Remote and Local Access Made Easy
- SQL database – no SCADA host protocol needed to pull data
- View Pad-wide data, including trending for tanks, tank groups, and wells
- Dynamic, digital-clipboard reporting feature – allows for easy display of user-defined data points
- Centralized dashboard for alarm notifications and setpoint data
- StrataVu can incorporate alternate screens, including Red Lion, Maple, and others
- Local database historian supports trending in high-resolution and reporting
- groov EPIC offers dual USB ports for communication, touchscreen monitors, keyboards, or a mouse
- Easy-to-read alarm notifications
- Features local webserver
- 2 GB to 3.75 GB RAM
About Well Manager
Well Manager (WellMgr) is one of two standard software modules within StrataVu that support pre-programmed well management. Key features of the software include the following:
- Configurable module for controlling oil and gas well pads– no programming required
- Configurable alarms and shutdowns
- Controller-based email alarm notification – no need to connect to SCADA host
- Manages up to 32 wells per controller
- Timely notification of volumes or outages for nominations
- Drives consistent and rapid deployment of well automation
- Offers same-day, high-resolution, flow back on new drills, maximizing new gas opportunities
- Platform for collecting and sharing data analysis for production forecasting
- Monitors production and provides access to change parameters of operations
- Integrates with any host system and EFM’s for monitoring flow
Well Optimization Modes
- Adaptable single configuration for operating wells in all modes (manual, intermittent, and plunger) allows operators to maximize production at all stages of the well life cycle
- Helps extract maximum returns from Shale wells faster
- Records detailed plunger arrival records (last five runs locally)
- Allows the operator to see potential trends in production and adjust accordingly
Tank Management with the TankMgr
- Relays instant notifications, alerting producers, liquids carriers, and others to high and low-level tank readings
- Liquids transportation, to and from the well site, can be automated – keeping facilities running with maximum efficiency
- Configurable module for monitoring and managing liquids production via tank level integration
- Calculates inflow and outflow totals of each tank or group of tanks, without meter hardware
- Configurable integrated email alarm notifications and shutdowns – no need to connect to SCADA host
- Reduces costs and error-prone activities of manual, labor-intensive tank monitoring
- Local annunciation and trending
- Integrates with most tank level measurement devices & protocols – maximizing use of existing equipment
- Full color, high-resolution graphics that convey tank level information
- In a single view, operators can read tank levels in five different ways:
- Feet or inches
- Barrels or gallons
- As a percent of full
What Makes TankMgr Unique?
- Vertical and horizontal cylinders
- Vertical and horizontal ellipsoid tanks (bullet tanks)
- Square and rectangular tanks